to complain about something that you disagree with or dislike, but not in a public way
私下抱怨某件你不同意或不喜歡的事
They were murmuring about the boss's nephew getting the job.
他們私下抱怨有關老闆的侄子得到工作的事
---
preach
to try to persuade people to believe or support something, often in an annoying way
去嘗試說服他人相信或支持某件不太想要做的事
My mother's always preaching at/to me about keeping my room tidy.
我媽常唸我 房間要保持整潔
(Genie)
Genie really shouted at my students when they monthly test tests not well. My students was very afraid of Teacher Chou, but they also like me very much. Not only love but also hate.(又愛又恨) ha~~ha
---
shout
to express strong emotions, in a loud voice
用很大的聲音來表達強烈情緒
Mom really shouted at me when I broke the window.
當我打破窗戶,媽媽很生氣的把我臭駡一頓
(Genie)
shout at sb
多指因為生氣等而非善意地對某人吼叫
He shouted at me to get out of his way. 他對我怒喊不要擋他的路
---
shout to sb
因距離遠而不得不大聲叫喊(否則對方無法聽見),不帶生
He shouted to me to come over to help. 他大聲叫我過去幫忙。
沒有留言:
張貼留言